Saturday, August 8, 2009

Spinach or Broccoli Quiche




This recipe was given to my by my good friend Dawn years ago. For more than 10 years this has been my go to quiche recipe that I love to bring to parties when I don't have the time to come up with something new. It's so quick and easy and there is no crust involved. This has been a huge hit over and over again for me. In fact, last week I brought this to my office on my birthday to share with my coworkers. This is the second time I brought this in and this time I remembered to pass out the recipe . I've done this with Broccoli and Cheddar (and even mushrooms once) but my favorite is the spinach. In my rush to set everything up I forgot to take a picture of the quiche once it was sliced so I am posting a picture of my broccoli quiche that I had saved.



Broccoli/Spinach Quiche


Ingredients:

6 eggs beaten
2 packages frozen broccoli florets, defrosted (OR 2 packages frozen chopped spinach, drained well)
1 package of grated mozzarella
Parmesan cheese to taste (at least ½ cup)
1 ¼ cup bisquick
1 ¼ cup whole milk
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
Salt and pepper
EVOO

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°.


1. Sauté onion and garlic in oil until softened add broccoli (or spinach) and sauté for about 5 minutes, set aside to cool. Drain any excess oil.

2. Mix together milk and bisquick. Add eggs, broccoli and onion mixture, mozzarella, cheese and broccoli; mix well.

3. Put in a greased pan and cook for about 40-45 minutes or until middle sets. (Can use two round pie pans or 1 large rectangular pan.)





7 comments:

Shane T. Wingerd said...

I loves me some quiche! Most excellent!

justjoycee said...

I haven't made a quiche in years. I do love them and I will make this one very soon. Just love the recipe.

Unknown said...

what a great quiche! especially for me cuz I don't like pie crusts. YUM!

BiscottiQueen said...

I am going to have to move into my kitchen for awhile to keep trying all the recipes I find you listing! This one looks incredible. :o)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I love some quiche and I can't wait to try this out!

Spryte said...

I LOVE quiche!!

kit said...

Came across your blog and just love it.....about the spinach quiche how much mozzarella is it 8 oz...probably....love New York,New york...frankie....New Yorker.