Sunday, November 30, 2008
Pumpkin Mousse Roll for the Baking Challenged
So anyone who reads this little blog regularly knows how much I love bakespace. My new friend Danielle who I have met there shared this fabulous recipe with me. Of course, I managed to make a few mistakes but it didn't matter because at the end it all turned out so well. I made this a second time and it came out perfect! Thank you Danielle for helping me find a dessert recipe that come out good even when I screw it up!!!!
Don't forget that everyone's oven is different. I needed to bake the cake for an extra 5 minutes to cook it all the way through.
1 cup Sugar
2/3 cup Pumpkin
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
3/4 cup All-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Ginger
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Salt
8 ounces Cream cheese -- softened
4 tablespoons Butter -- or margarine
1 cup Powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1. In large bowl, combine eggs and sugar, beating well. Add pumpkin and lemon juice, mixing until blended.
2. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Add to egg mixture, mixing well. Spread batter into greased 10-by-15-inch jelly-roll pan lined with waxed-paper.
3. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool for 15 minutes. Place cake on clean tea towel sprinkled liberally with powdered sugar. Cool 10 minutes longer. From 10- inch side, roll cake up in towel. Set aside.
4. While cake is cooling in towel, prepare filling. Beat together cream cheese and butter; stir in powdered sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth.
5. Unroll cake. Evenly spread filling over cake. Roll up cake (without the towel). Wrap in plastic wrap. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Slice before serving. Keep leftover slices refrigerated. This pumpkin roll freezes well.