Monday, November 16, 2009

Nutella Chip Cookies


I got done with dinner fairly early tonight and decided to bake some cookies. I looked for a recipe that was easy and and had accessible ingredients. I decided on this Chocolate Hazelnut cookie by Giada De Laurentiis. I didn't have any hazelnuts but Steve probably wouldn't eat them if I put them in anyway so I added chocolate chips instead. The cookies are chewy and yummy. They are a little thinner than I would have liked which is probably because the directions said to flatten them with a fork. Other than that these came together very quickly and we both enjoyed them. White chocolate chips would be great in these cookies, too!


Nutella Chip Cookies

by Giada De Laurentiis
see original recipe here

Yields: 36 cookies (I only got 24)

Ingredients:

1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup hazelnuts (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

In another medium bowl combine the butter, Nutella, sugar and brown sugar. Using an electric mixer, cream the ingredients together, about 4 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in the flour mixture until just combine. Add Hazelnuts (or chocolate chips) and stir until combine.

Using a tablespoon measure, spoon out the cookie dough onto a cookie sheet, spacting the mounds about 4 inches apart. Use the tines of a fork to flatten the cookie dough. Bake until lightly golden around the edges, about 10-12 minutes. Use a metal spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.



11 comments:

DutchBakerGirl said...

You can put the hazelnuts in them for me! They look very yummy.

Unknown said...

omg...I have to try these!!! I knew I should've bought that jar of Nutella while i was at the store the other day. Well, I guess I'll just have to go back and get it.

Missy said...

They DO look delish!!!! I have everything but the chips/nuts...wonder how macadamias would work...hmmmm

Theresa said...

Chip, hazelnuts. I'll take one; several either way :)

Amanda said...

Oooo I love Nutella and the hazelnuts would put them over the top for me :) YUm!

teresa said...

mmmm, i just bought a jar of nutella, i want to try these!

Spryte said...

Mmmm... Nutella cookies!!!

regina di roma said...

Now I'm in trouble...I live in Italy but am visiting in the states and all I seem to do is raid my mum's nutella jar, must be nostalgia for Italy :)
OK I have a recipe for me and mum domani :)
Thank you!

Shane T. Wingerd said...

I Need, want, MUST have one of these cookies... I need to go to the grocery store, I am out of Nutella... It's a crime!!! YUM!!!!

nutellalvr said...

can i put both hazelnut and chocolate chips or would that be over the top?

Michele said...

I think it will be fantastic! Maybe just drop the amounts a little. Good luck!