Thursday, May 7, 2009

Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa

Photobucket



With the economy the way it is I am really starting to think about how much money I spend on food and how much of that food gets wasted. I'm trying as often as I can to reuse my leftovers to make a new dish. This is actually very simple. I didn't have to do anything with my leftovers but the fresh flavors of the mango salsa really brightened up the dish.

Grilled Chicken

Ingredients:

2 chicken breasts
1 lime, juiced
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder (you can use fresh garlic instead if you want)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp Mrs. Dash Table Blend
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning.

Directions:

Stir together all seasonings with lime juice and oil. Add chicken and coat on both sides.


Turn your grill pan (or outdoor grill) on medium high heat and get your pan very hot. You want to get a nice color on your chicken. Cook for 5 minutes on each side and lower the heat and make sure it's cooked through. Make a small slit in the middle. If the juices run clear the chicken is done.

Top chicken with mango salsa.


Is that easy enough? You can also do this with leftover bruschetta. It tastes great with the chicken!



12 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh I hear that. Most of hubby's paycheck goes to butter, sugar, flour and eggs!
I am always trying to cut back or clip coupons!
I love mango salsa, nice job here. If you have any leftover use it up on some grilled red snapper or mahi mahi. YUM

Bob said...

Mmmmm, grilled chicken. I miss having a grill so bad. That sounds wicked good, I need to try that salsa.

Culinary Alchemist said...

Looks absolutely delicious!!!! Better than the quesadilla was eating yesterday ;)

~Carole said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love yours, especially the music. I was just saying to my DH the other day that there's nothing more priceless than an Italian Grandmother's recipes. You're so blessed.

I can so relate to saving money on groceries. I've cut our grocery bill drastically. We eat well despite it.

Have a great weekend!

Pam said...

Mmm. Looks like a very tasty dinner. Love the mango salsa.

The Blonde Duck said...

You've got a new look! I love it!

Dajana said...

That's so nice looking, colourful and refreshing. It's also great when you can use any leftovers to create something new

Rosabela said...

This looks really yummy! Great idea to use up leftovers. :-)

Elenka said...

I made the Chicken Kiev rolls last night, wow, they were terrific!! I actually put them together the day before...these will be great for company! I thought I'd have plenty of leftovers 'cause I bought a large package of chicken, but everyone had seconds!
I was going to make the roasted potatoes and broccoli like you suggested, but couldn't figure out how to do it with the two baking temperatures and only one oven.
Thanks for the recipe and i hope you have a nice Mother's Day in the Garden State !

Lucy said...

Great chicken w/that yummy salsa...

BTW I just love what you've done w/your blog... looking really good!!

JOY said...

YUM - this sounds like a meal to try TONIGHT! Thanks!

Daziano said...

Hmmmmm The other day I had swordfish with mango salsa and it was pretty good! Pairing it with chicken is a great idea too!