Sunday, November 30, 2008
These are a great appetizer or side dish. For a more elegant appetizer top cooked mushrooms with a little bit of sauce and shredded mozzarella. Place under broiled until cheese melts and serve.
10 large white mushrooms
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs (use enough to fill mushrooms)
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel and pull off stems. Reserve half of the stems and chop them.
2. Saute garlic and stems in mixture of butter and oil. Add breadcrumbs and parsley and stir together just until breadcrumbs start to brown. Remove from heat and cool.
3. Drizzle pan with a little oil and place mushrooms in pan. Drizzle mushrooms with oil and fill with breadcrumb mixture.
4. Top each mushroom with a small dab of butter.
5. Bake at 350˚ for 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked through.
Serve hot or at room temperature.