Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mom's Rice Pudding

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is a recipe that my mom has been using for years! I've made it before but my mom still makes it the best! This is her photo that my brother took and sent to me. This is great to bring to a potluck, great for a holiday or put it individual portions and keep it for yourself!


Mom’s Rice Pudding

Ingredients

½ gallon milk
1 cup Carolina Rice
1 cup regular sugar
2 Tbsp Vanilla
6 eggs
Cinnamon

Directions:

1. Mix rice in a pot with milk and sugar, let it come to a boil. Let simmer for 1 hour or until rice cooks and thickens. Stir constantly.

2. When rice is almost ready, beat eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl. Add rice to egg mixture and fold it into the eggs quickly. Top with cinnamon and refrigerate.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

6 comments:

Bob said...

You know, I've never had rice pudding. It looks great though, I'm swiping the recipe. :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

My daughter also loves rice pudding, so this would be a treat if I made this for her too! I usually buy "Cozy Shack" brand rice pudding in the supermarket, but homemade must be so much better! Thanks!

Michele said...

I say go for it guys! It's really great!

Spryte said...

That looks good! My mom used to make rice pudding but it was way different.

Michele said...

How did she do it, spryte?

Michele said...

How did she do it, spryte?