this one at Cheap Healthy Good. She found the recipe at cooking light and she made some adjustments. I followed her changes but did add about 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips and I used a bundt pan instead. Not sure how that works with the suggested portion sizes and all but I am okay with that. Anway, let me get to the taste. I tasted this when it was warm and I thought it was a little weird tasting but when I tasted it the next day it was fine. The flavor is good, it's just the consistency that is different which I'm guessing is from using egg whites. Bottom line, for a low fat recipe, it's great, I'll make it again. When I fall of the healthy eating bandwagon....I'm going back to Mom's.
Light Banana Bread
Adapted from Cooking Light by Cheap Healthy Good
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
2/3 cup sugar
2-1/2 T butter, softened
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 4 bananas)
3 T skim milk
3 T fat-free sour cream or vanilla yogurt
2 large egg whites
½ t vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat loaf pan with cooking spray.
2) In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3) In a different large mixing bowl OR stand mixer bowl, combine sugar and butter. "Beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended." Stop beater. Add banana, milk, sour cream, and egg whites. Resume beating until well combined.
4) Pour flour mixture into banana mixture and beat until everything is well-blended.
5) Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake 60 or 70 minutes, or until loaf passes the toothpick test. (Insert a toothpick in the middle of the bread. If it comes out clean, you're golden.) Remove from oven. (SEE NOTE BELOW) Let sit for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Pry bread from pan and let it cool totally on that same wire rack. For best flavor, wrap in tin foil and let sit overnight.
Note: If using a bundt pan - bake for approx 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and invert.
Click here for a printable recipe for Light Banana Bread.