Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Nanny

I know, it's weird. I'm wishing my deceased grandmother a happy birthday. It's really hard not to miss her, especially on special days like today so even though I'm a little behind on the food portion of my blog I thought it important to acknowledge her. Nanny would have been 100 years old today. I wish she would have made it to 100. I bet we would have had a big party. She did make it to 98 and that's more than a lot of people get with their grandparents and I'm very thankful for that. So, Nanny, If you're reading this from somewhere on the other side (and yes she was able to read and write english very well), know that I miss you and love you and wish you were here to celebrate your 100th year.

5 comments:

Lucy..♥ said...

Happy 100th Nanny...

Your Nanny touched your heart in a very special way... lovey, Michelle

Proud Italian Cook said...

I can only wish my granddaughter will feel the same about me when I'm 98! What a beautiful relationship between the 2 of you!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Happy 100 Nanny! I'm sure she feels your love whereever we go after....and she live son in you!

Sophie said...

Very sweet! I will definitely do this for my grandma too :).

A.C. said...

Happy Birthday! Same as my mothers... Its a small blogosphere... and its not weird that you commemorate the day to her :)