Friday, August 14, 2009

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Photobucket



My friend Catherine gave me this recipe last winter. She guaranteed that these cookies would be perfect every single time. She did not lie. Like Shane's Blondie recipe this is my go to Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I made these on many Tuesday nights while watching Fringe. (Great show by the way!) I'm not sure where this recipe originated but I have seen it on numerous blogs and recognized it as having the same title as the one given to me. If this is your recipe please let me know so I can add a link to the original post, you certainly deserve recognition!

Photobucket



Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes Ready In: 40 Minutes
Servings: 18


Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.

2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.

3. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.

4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.


16 comments:

Patti T. said...

I have been seeing this recipe also, I need to bake cookies for hubby's lunch, thought I would make these. Tragedy in the house, I am OUT of sugar!!!! One of the disadvantages of living way out in the country, no store nearby. Gotta remember this recipe as soon as I get some sugar.

MaRyA said...

bookmarked! I kinda dont trust the recipes I see online where they say the cookies are supposed to be chewy but turns out they are not. but this one, I know for sure, I can almost taste the chewy goodness. Will try this soon! thanks!

Heather S-G said...

These sound perfect...and look perfect. Drool!

Bob said...

Nice, chocolate chip cookies are the best. Those look like a great version too! They look kind of like the Americas Test Kitchen recipe, but not exactly.

Denise said...

I am always on the lookout for the perfect choc chip cookie, I will give this a try.

Gloria Baker said...

Lovely recipe and nice cookies, xGloria

Unknown said...

Oh god! I haven't made chocolate chip cookies in AGES! Every time I buy the chocolate chips, the girls eat them straight out of the bag! I wonder how these differ from the nestles recipe that I always use....I'll have to check that out :)

Anonymous said...

With friends like you....who could stay on a diet?

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

They look so good Michelle! I love chewy cookies more than crisp.

I've been trying hard to avoid sweets as much as possible this summer...so very hard to do ..lol

I'm going to write thsi down to save for a day company is coming over.

I liked the grilled watermelon salad you showed a few posts down and kudos on that beautiful fried chicken! Yum!

Theresa said...

I'll have to give these a try. Love chewy cookies!!

Barbara GF said...

Yum, those look like the perfect chippers, Michele!

Courtney said...

These look delicious!

I left you an answer to your baby shower question after your comment! Thanks so much for thinking of me! I was honored! :)

Pam said...

I'll take a couple with a tall glass of iced cold milk please. They look terrific.

Spryte said...

Yum!! I need to bake some chocolate chip cookies soon!!

Daniel said...

Im going to have to have Corinne bake these for me tonight! I can cook, but baking is beyond me! lol

Courtney said...

Hey for another idea to put in the pots- what about a small chocolate bar w/ a personalized label. You can DIY these easily w/ a sunflower motif and a cute little note thanking them for coming.