Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tiffany's Sour Cream Pancakes

Photobucket

Hi everyone! I'm back! Thanks for all your well wishes! I'm feeling much better now. Still slightly sore but I can chew more things now, thank God! I was going out of my mind eating eggs and pudding and mac and cheese every day.

This morning I decided to pull out a recipe for pancakes that was given to me years ago by my cousin Tiffany. I used the recipe once before and really liked it but I put it away and forgot about it since I don't get the chance to make breakfast that often. Well, let me tell you, I will definitely be making these again soon! They were so delicious and definitely worth the effort of making them from scratch. They aren't the most figure friendly since they are loaded with butter but I instead of using whole milk I used skim plus. I had some reduced fat sour cream leftover and I had a new container of full fat sour cream so I used both. It turned out perfectly so I wouldn't worry about making swaps.


Pancakes

2 Cups all-purpose flour
½ cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cups milk
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice

Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, sour cream, eggs, melted butter, lemon juice. Pour the milk mixture into the flour and stir until combined. Batter will be lumpy.

Brush griddle with olive oil over medium heat and make the pancakes like you normally would.

Makes approx 20 pancakes


My cousin Tiffany has her own business making custom window treatments. She is extremely talented and constantly impresses me with her creations. Please check out her website www.tanahome.com. Thanks guys!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a cousin Tiffany too. :) The pancakes look great!

Bob said...

Mmmmm, pancakes. I love pancakes. I've made sour cream waffles before, but never pancakes. I'll have to try these out.

Glad you're feeling better. Extractions can be rough.

La Bella Cooks said...

These sound perfect! You can never go wrong with pancakes for the most part and I love the addition of sour cream. I am glad to hear you are feeling much better!

vanillasugarblog said...

I must have missed the part where you were sick?
Well welcome back! LOL
Sour cream in a pancake is a must on a day off. Looks good.

Shane T. Wingerd said...

Holy Schneikies!! Those look GOOD!!

Dajana said...

It's good to know you're feeling better and are back in shape.
I've never, ever had American pancakes, I'll have to try making them one day (I'm good at making crepès, though, ha, ha)

Spryte said...

I love pancakes! I can't wait to try these!