Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Crash Hot Potatoes

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


So as you already know I spend a lot of time on bakespace. These past two weeks there has been lots of talk about this potato recipe. I believe it all started at The Pioneer Woman's blog and then over at Cooking Stuff and then Life, Dreams and Cupcakes. I couldn't take it any longer, I had to make my version of these delicious looking potatoes! The minute I saw them I pictured them with melted cheese and crispy bacon, almost like those potato skins you get at most chain family restaurants...but better! The cheese and bacon worked very well on the potatoes, they had the taste of the loaded potato skins but without the grease. I would definitely make these potatoes again and I encourage you to try your version or one of the many I have linked to!

15 comments:

Culinary Alchemist said...

Delicious!!! They are the perfect canvas.

Spryte said...

Those look great Michele!!!

Lucy said...

WOW those look absolutely scrumptious !!!

Bob said...

Those look just awesome. Did you crumble the bacon on at the end?

Michele said...

Thanks everyone!

Bob - I followed PW's directions but left off the herbs just used salt and pepper. Once they were crispy I added shredded cheese, crumbled bacon (about 6 slices that I cooked) and some scallions. When the cheese melted I took them out (about 5 mins).

teodo said...

ciao
sono italiana ho trovato il blog che hai fatto per la nonna italiana e sono molto felice di leggere la ricetta italiane.
ciao ciao

Sophie said...

I've been seeing these too! I really want to make 'em. Great side dish idea, or even snack. yum!

Dawn said...

Mi piace fare nuove creazioni di patate. Mi potrebbe avere a sottrarre questo da voi.

Lucy said...

Michele... I made these tonite, Ooooh my word!!!! they were soooo good!! Thanks for posting them... and another meal that I had the hungry people waiting, so no photo! Next time for sure, simply because they will be made again!! ;-)

Lisa said...

These look so good!

Proud Italian Cook said...

You'd have to pull me away from these!

Sisters Savings said...

Wow! These look soooo good, my mouth is watering right now! Great blog!

cwiech said...

I have got to make these already! Your picture is fantastic.

Psychgrad said...

They look great - I like the addition of cheese and bacon. I might need some sour cream too.

Stacey Snacks said...

I love these potatoes, they remind of college when I ate potato skins all the time!
This is such a great recipe!