Tuesday, September 9, 2008

No Excuse Steak Pizziaola

When people tell me they can't cook it baffles me. I understand that some things may be too difficult, have too many ingredients or may even be too exotic. I get that, however, there are some dishes that are so easy to make it's difficult NOT to do it. Well folks, it doesn't get easier than this. There are only a handful of ingredients and there is no special technique but the taste is so great that if you serve it to guests they will never know how easy it is!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Steak Pizziaola

Ingredients:

1 package small steaks (sometimes labeled chicken steaks)
3 cloves garlic, minced
Italian seasoning
dried basil
salt and pepper
2 – 14 oz cans Delmonte Tomato Sauce or 1-28 oz can crushed tomatoes
Extra virgin olive oil
½ can petite peas

Directions:

Add garlic, Italian seasoning and basil to oil on medium low heat. Add the steaks and brown on both sides.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Add tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes. Let simmer for 1 hour.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Remove steaks from pan and cut into bite sized pieces, removing vein. I took a close up picture of the steak so you can see the vein. It goes right down the middle of the steak and is very easy to remove.


Return steak pieces to sauce and add peas and stir. Let peas heat through.
Serve over egg noodles ( I like to use no yolk noodles).

My mom makes this dish a lot and she never cuts out the vein. We always did it in our own plates. Well, my honey is a little finicky and to save myself the aggravation I do this before it gets in his plate. Sigh, the things we do for love...

3 comments:

Maryann said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by Finding La Dolce Vita!
Maryann :)

Bob said...

Heh, my girlfriend is finicky about stuff like that too. But I would pick a vein out for her too. This looks wicked good. You need to slow down here girlie, I don't have enough time to keep making all these recipes. :)

Michele said...

Maryann - I've been reading for about a month now!

Bob - See, we are so good to them! I know, I need to slow down but I'm on a roll! LOL